Old Story Line

 Hello again~

This morning I wanted to talk about the original story line of Sarina Maxine.

So, it was very different from what it is today like I said but at the same time not too different.

Sarina was supposed to be an undercover cop as there was some kind of drug issue going on in her high school. She becomes an undercover officer temporary when Tyler asks her to help him. 

I didn't really have a character outline at the time. I know I wanted Tyler to come across as cold hearted and for the two of them to have a love-hate relationship.

Sarina's friends were different too. I don't remember who they were at all but I know there was no Javier or Grace. I had more friends for her than I do now but I figured less is more so I just gave her two friends. Sarina isn't a big social butterfly so her having a lot of friends wouldn't make sense. 

That's about as far as I got when it came to the story during that time. It was based on what I saw around me when I was in high school. Growing up in Miami there were lots of crime. We also had code reds in school (an armed person on campus). That gave me the idea to have some kine of armed person or crime problem to be in school. 

I didn't scrap the idea entirely when I rewrote Sarina Maxine. It started with a gunman (Masen) running onto school property but I didn't want more to happen than that. I really wanted to build up my characters, give them backgrounds and make they relatable to the reader.

Are there any characters you relate to so far?

Next time, I will talk about how my characters came about.

See you later minna~


If you haven't done so already, read the latest chapters of Sarina Maxine only on Wattpad and check out my Twitter and Instagram for awesome artwork~



Comments

Popular Posts