My Male MC Always has Baggage

 Why do I punish my male MCs, I don't know~


Okay, I don't see it that way, it's just how I like my romance. I like the guy who has a lot going on and a girl coming in to save the day. Just the opposite of the old-school damsel in distress. Obviously, my female MCs won't be carrying her lover out of a burning building (no hate on those who have characters like that by the way). 

I just like the slow build-up of a relationship between my characters. The guy who is tough and refuses to let anyone in romantically and emotionally and a girl who's pretty much given up on finding anyone because she either loves too hard or has a Disney version of prince charming in her head (aka me). 

The baggage I tend to give my male MCs is some type of mental baggage ranging from stress, and depression to PTSD. It's something that's taboo for men to admit having in many cultures and parts of the world so that's why I think it's the perfect barrier for a couple to work together towards overcoming. 

I love showing the tough side of a man but also his gentle nature once he falls for that special girl. 


See you later Minna~

Comments

Popular Posts